Organising an event, whether it’s big or small can be quite daunting. So we want to give you all the information you might need to be able to organise your own as easily as possible.
Planning your event
We have put together a full guide which will help you understand all the processes of holding and event, documentation we require and a breakdown of the costs involved.
Our full Guide details our policy and protocols for events and can be found here: Events Guide for Outdoor Events
You will need to apply online to hold an event in Lambeth using EventApp.
All of the information on these pages is just a guide. You will need to contact us for more specific details but it depends on the size of your event.
Please make sure you have read our Park Event Terms of Hire before submitting the form.
For information on the new 2016 sound guidance for events Guidance for Control of Sound at Outdoor Events 2016
Things to think about
- Consider the timing and duration of your event. When are your attendees most likely to arrive? Is your venue easily accessible?
- Do check any planned transport closures with Transport for London – 0343 222 1234 (option 5).
- Is the event free or ticketed and how will tickets be sold or booked?
- Always remember your budget, as costs can escalate quickly.
- Try contacting someone with experience in running your type of event, for tips and advice at an early stage.
- If you are proposing to use one of our parks or open spaces you need to discuss the event with one of our events officer, who will guide you through the booking process.
- Depending on the content of your event you may also need to contact other areas of the council.
- Depending on the scale and type of event, applications may need to be submitted a year or more ahead for the necessary planning steps to be completed.
- Allow time for the statutory authorities (e.g. police, fire and ambulances services and local authority) to make arrangements for support.